Central and West Lothian
CLERK CONTACT DETAILS
If you have any queries, or would just like to chat to someone about volunteering in the Children’s Hearings System, please contact the Clerks for Central and West Lothian:
NAME: Hazel Oliver
TEL: 01324 506117
NAME: Mhairi Chalmers
TEL: 01324 506121
For technical queries relating to your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're interested in becoming a Panel Member, we recommend attending an Information Session in your area. The Information Sessions will take place at 7pm with locations in Central and West Lothian below:
- 11 September 2018, Alloa Town Hall, Marshill, Alloa, FK10 1AB.
- 13 September 2018, Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston West, EH54 6FF.
- 17 September 2018, Wallace High School, Airthrey Road, Stirling, FK9 5HW.
- 18 September 2018, Lesser Town Hall, West Bridge Street, Falkirk, FK1 5RS.
- 20 September 2018, Bathgate Academy, Bathgate, EH48 1LF.
FINAL SELECTION DATES & INTERVIEWS
Preliminary interviews are on the following dates:
- 15 October 2018 - Clackmannanshire/Stirling (Raploch Campus, Stirling)
- 17 October 2018 - Falkirk (Municipal Buildings, Falkirk)
- 18 October 2018 - West Lothian (Civic Centre, Livingston)
- 23 October 2018 - Clackmannanshire/Stirling (Raploch Campus, Stirling)
- 24 October 2018 - West Lothian (Civic Centre, Livingston)
- 29 October 2018 - Falkirk (Municipal Buildings, Falkirk)
Final interviews are taking place on:
- 3 November 2018 - Clackmannanshire/Stirling (Municipal Buildings, Falkirk)
- 10 November 2018 - Falkirk/West Lothian (Municipal Buildings, Falkirk)
Confirmation Letter issued to successful candidates by 26 November 2018.
BEING A PANEL MEMBER IN CENTRAL AND WEST LOTHIAN
As part of your role as a Panel Member in Central and West Lothian you will be expected to commit to sit on one - two children's hearings every month and also to attend at least four learning and development opportunities per year. The AST is looking for Panel Members to have flexibility around the actual days and the number of Hearings that they can sit on.
Central and West Lothian Area Support Team (AST) consists of four local authorities - Clackmannanshire, Falkirk, Stirling and West Lothian. Prospective Panel Members are expected to live or work within the geographical boundaries of one local authority area but may have the opportunity to sit as a Panel Member in any area within Central and West Lothian.
Clackmannanshire: Monday and Tuesday morning, Wednesday and Thursday afternoon.
Falkirk: Monday and Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday morning, Thursday morning and afternoon, Friday morning.
Stirling: Monday and Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday morning.
West Lothian: Monday afternoon, Tuesday and Thursday morning and afternoon, Wednesday afternoon, Friday morning.