Dumfries and Galloway
CLERK CONTACT DETAILS
If you have any queries, or would just like to chat to someone about volunteering in the Children’s Hearings System, please contact the Clerks for Dumfries and Galloway:
NAME: Fiona Brown
TEL: 01387 260031
NAME: Aimee Roberts
TEL: 01387 260012
For technical queries relating to your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're interested in becoming a Panel Member, we recommend attending an Information Session in your area. Details for Information Sessions in Dumfries and Galloway are below, with venues to be confirmed:
- 1 September 2018, 10am - 2pm, The Usual Place, Academy Street, Dumfries, DG1 1BZ.
- 4 September 2018, 6pm - 8pm, Kirkcudbright Primary School, St Mary's Wynd, Kirkcudbright, DG6 4JT.
- 8 September 2018, 10am - 2pm, Scottish Children's Reporters Administration (SCRA), 10 Market Street, Stranraer, DG9 7RF.
- 11 September 2018, 6pm - 8pm, Council Offices, High Street, Annan, DG12 6AQ.
- 18 September 2018, 6pm - 8pm, Douglas Ewart High School, 1 Corsbie Grove, Newton Stewart, DG8 6JE.
FINAL SELECTION DATES & INTERVIEWS
Interviews will take place on the following dates:
- 8 October 2018
- 9 October 2018
- 10 October 2018
- 11 October 2018
- 12 October 2018
Confirmation Letter issued to successful candidates by 26 November 2018.
BEING A PANEL MEMBER IN DUMFRIES AND GALLOWAY
As part of your role as a Panel Member in Dumfries and Galloway you will be expected to commit to sit on two children's hearings every month and to attend 75% of learning and development opportunities per year.
Dumfries: Monday morning and afternoon, Tuesday morning, Thursday afternoon and Friday morning.
Stranraer: Tuesday and Wednesday morning.
Ad hoc hearings take place in Annan, Newton Stewart, Kircudbright and Kirkconnel when required.