South East Scotland
CLERK CONTACT DETAILS
If you have any queries, or would just like to chat to someone about volunteering in the Children’s Hearings System, please contact the Clerk for South East Scotland:
NAME: Jackie Knox
TEL: 01620 827379
For technical queries relating to your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're interested in becoming a Panel Member, we recommend attending an Information Session in your area. Details for Information Sessions in South East Scotland are below:
- 27 August 2018, 7pm, Council Headquarters, Newton St Boswells, Melrose, TD6 0SA.
- 30 August 2018, 7pm, Haddington Town House, 57 High Street, Haddington, East Lothian, EH41 4DA.
- 30 August 2018, 7pm, Penicuik or Loanhead, Midlothian (venue to be confirmed)
- 3 September 2018, 7pm, Midlothian House, Buccleuch Street, Dalkeith, EH22 1DN.
- 5 September 2018, 7pm, Haddington Town House, 57 High Street, Haddington, East Lothian, EH41 4DA.
- 12 September 2018, 7pm, Council Headquarters, Newton St Boswells, Melrose, TD6 0SA.
- 12 September 2018, 7pm, St Margaret's Primary School, 36 Edgefield Road, Loanhead, EH20 9DY.
FINAL SELECTION DATES & INTERVIEWS
Interviews will take place on the following dates:
- 20 October 2018, from 9.30am - East Lothian (Haddington Town House)
- 22 October 2018, from 5.30pm - Midlothian (Dalkeith Hearing Centre)
- 24 October 2018, from 5.30pm - Scottish Borders (Council Headquarters, Newton St Boswell's)
- 27 October 2018, from 9.30am - East Lothian (Haddington Town House)
- 30 October 2018, from 5.30pm - Midlothian (Dalkeith Hearing Centre)
Confirmation Letter issued to successful candidates by 26 November 2018.
BEING A PANEL MEMBER IN SOUTH EAST SCOTLAND
As part of your role as a Panel Member in South East Scotland you will be expected to commit to sit on one - two children's hearings every month and also to attend five learning and development opportunities per year.
South East Scotland Area Support Team (AST) consists of three local authorities - East Lothian, Midlothian and the Scottish Borders. Prospective panel members are expected to live or work within the geographical boundaries of one local authority area but may have the opportunity to sit as a panel member in any area within South East Scotland.
Tranent (East Lothian): Tuesday morning, Wednesday morning and afternoon, Thursday afternoon.
Dalkeith (Midlothian): Monday morning, Tuesday afternoon, Thursday morning and afternoon.
Selkirk (Borders): Monday morning, Wednesday and Thursday afternoon.